Sea moss gel is a versatile and nutrient-dense ingredient that you can use in a variety of recipes, such as smoothies, sauces, and desserts. Making sea moss gel is a simple and straightforward process that involves a few basic steps. Here's how to make sea moss gel:
- 1/4 cup dried sea moss
- 2 cups filtered water
- Rinse the dried sea moss thoroughly to remove any debris or salt.
- Soak the sea moss in a bowl of filtered water for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight. The sea moss will expand and become softer.
- Drain the soaking water and rinse the sea moss again.
- Add the sea moss and 2 cups of filtered water to a blender.
- Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Pour the blended mixture into a clean glass jar and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
To use sea moss gel, simply add 1-2 tablespoons to your favorite recipe. Sea moss gel can also be used as a thickener in soups, stews, and gravies, or as a substitute for eggs in vegan baking. Enjoy the many health benefits of sea moss gel in a variety of delicious ways!